3 Day Swedish Skating Adventure
- Thursday -- arrival day and you can choose to stay at:
- The Radisson Arlandia Hotel at Arlanda Airport – This is a good option if you are arriving late in Stockholm.
- The Royal Viking Hotel in the city – This is a good option if you are arriving early in Stockholm and would like to see some of the city.
- Friday morning -- we pick you up early (from your arrival hotel) for a full day ice skating. That night you stay in a first-class country-style guesthouse on the route.
- Saturday – full day ice skating and another night in a first-class country-style guesthouse on the route.
- Sunday – full day ice skating then drop off either at the airport or in the city. If you are leaving the day the tour ends, please do not book a flight before 19:00 (if in doubt, please ask us).
Before you head off in search of adventure, your experienced guide briefs you on the tour and the safety equipment, and once you are fitted with your nordic skates and equipment, you head to the best ice and the most beautiful surroundings that Stockholm has to offer.
You are split into subgroups, each with an expert guide, to ensure you are skating alongside people of a similar ability and with similar expectations. You skate all day with your subgroup, but meet the rest of the group for lunch and in the evenings at the hotels and guesthouses.
Depending on the weather, ice conditions and the skills of your subgroup, you can cover anything between 20 and 80 km per day.
The days are full of beautiful scenery, some of the best natural ice and skating conditions for nordic skating in the world, and lots of fun and exhilaration as you get to know your fellow ice skaters. The evenings promise to be just as enjoyable as the days, with good food, fun chatter about the day's activities and the chance to relax in the sauna and at the bar. We stay in first-class country-style hotels and guesthouses that are high in quality, charm and character.
We offer open/scheduled departures and private departures.
Price starting from:
9790 SEK pp
Weekends through January, February and March.
- Experience the thrill of long-distance ice skating on natural ice.
- Ice skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago.
- Spend a few days surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Knowledgeable and experienced English-speaking guides.
- Top-quality equipment.
- Small groups; minimum 2 participants / max. 10 participants per guide.
- Stay in first-class country-style hotels, guesthouses and castles (often with saunas).
- Delicious meals included.
- Transport throughout the entire adventure.
Good to Know:
- You should have experience ice skating and be physically able to skate for approximately 6 - 8 hours a day if you want to join this tour.
- If you are an inexperienced skater, you should either take a look at our Introduction to Ice Skating day tour or our two and three-day Private Swedish Skating Adventures.
- We start skating early every day so we can make the most of the daylight hours.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up-to-date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8 kg.
- Price for three days: Arrival night at Arlanda Airport– 9790 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 11590 SEK pp (single room). Arrival night at The Royal Viking– 10790 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 12590 SEK pp (single room).
- You must be a party of two to book a double room.
- If you are a single traveller, you must book a single room.
- There is no triple room option.
- Meals included.
- Minimum age (public tour only): 18 years old.
- No minimum age on private tours.
- Maximum weight: 130 kg.
- If we do not meet the minimum number required for the tour, we will offer you an alternative date or tour, or a full refund.