A Day on the Ice Guided Tour
Your experienced guide briefs you on the tour and safety equipment before taking you to the day’s best ice in Stockholm’s outstandingly beautiful natural surroundings. This tour takes a higher tempo and focuses on ice skating a good distance. Depending on the weather and ice conditions, your group could cover up to 70 km during the day.
Your guide is happy to offer tips and coaching in order to perfect the ice skating skills you already possess so that you evolve as a Nordic skater and get a sense of achievement throughout the day.
You ice skate for 3 - 4 hours on the beautiful natural ice of the Stockholm archipelago or one of Stockholm’s big lakes, before stopping for a well-earned picnic lunch. There are hot drinks, an open fire and our classic outdoor lunch on offer. Oh, and good banter with your new skating buddies too! Once lunch is finished, there is plenty more time to enjoy the ice with your renewed energy, before you head back to the city for a relaxing and cosy evening.
If one-day ice skating doesn’t sound long enough for you, take a look at our three-day Swedish Skating Adventure!
We offer open/scheduled departures and private departures.
1990 SEK pp
Private Tours from 6490 SEK (for up to 2 persons)
December - March
- Further your ice skating techniques.
- Experience the thrill of ice skating on natural ice.
- Ice skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago.
- Spend the day surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Knowledgeable and experienced English-speaking guides.
- Top-quality equipment.
- Small groups; minimum 2 participants / max. 10 participants per guide.
- Delicious classic outdoor lunch around an open fire.
- Pick-up and drop-off from the city included.
Good To Know:
- We meet at 08:00 at our Adventure Café in the city centre.
- This tour is designed for people with some experience ice skating. If you are a beginner or need a refresher, take a look at our Introduction to Ice Skating Tour.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up-to-date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago -- we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8 kg.
- Included meal: classic outdoor lunch and open fire with sausages.
- Minimum age (open tour only): 18 years old.
- No minimum age on private tours.
- Maximum weight: 130 kg.
- The transport to the starting point will either be by private minivan or by public transport depending on the size of the group and the ice/weather conditions.
- When you book, you will receive a list of suggestions on how to dress for the day.
- If we do not meet the minimum number required for the tour, we will offer you an alternative date or tour, or a full refund.