An Introduction to Ice Skating Tour
Your experienced guide will brief you on the tour and safety equipment before taking you to the day’s best ice in Stockholm’s outstandingly beautiful natural surroundings. This tour will focus on learning how to Nordic skate, enjoying the scenery and having lots of fun!
Your guide will coach you on the best techniques for gliding easily over the ice and there will be some fun practice exercises to perfect those techniques before setting off on your adventure!
You will ice skate for 3-4 hours on the beautiful natural ice of the Stockholm archipelago or one of Stockholm’s big lakes, before stopping for a well-earned picnic lunch. There will be hot drinks, an open fire and our classic outdoor lunch on offer. Oh, and good banter with your new skating buddies too! Once lunch is finished there will be more time to enjoy the ice with your renewed energy, before you head back to the city for a relaxing and cozy evening.
Adult from: 1690 SEK pp
Youth (15-17 years old) 990 SEK pp
December - March
- Learn how to Nordic Skate or further your ice skating techniques.
- Experience the thrill of ice skating on natural ice.
- Ice skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago.
- Spend the day surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking guides.
- Top-quality equipment.
- Delicious Classic Outdoor Lunch around an open fire.
- Pick up & drop off from the city included.
- Small groups; minimum 2 participants / maximum of 10 participants per guide.
Good to Know:
- We meet at 08:00 at our Adventure Café in the city centre.
- This Tour is designed for beginners or people who haven’t been skating in a while and need a refresher! If you are an experienced skater then take a look at our ‘A Day on the Ice Guided Tour’.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up to date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is, it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
- Guided language: English.
- We provide Skates, Boots, Backpacks (including Safety Equipment) – we use the best quality equipment on the market!
- Included meal: Classic outdoor lunch & open fire.
- Minimum age: 15 years old. ALL YOUTHS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
- The transport to the starting point will either be by private minivan or by public transport depending on the size of the group and the ice/weather conditions.
- When you book, you will receive a list of suggestions on how to dress for the day.
- If we do not meet the minimum number required for the tour, we will offer you an alternative date or tour, or a full refund.