As early as 1570 there was an iron works with three blast furnaces here. The works were pawned in 1613 to Christina, the Queen Mother, and taken over by the de Besches family. The current mansion in early Gustavian style was completed in 1774, and there is an English style park behind the house. Iron production ceased in the 1890s and today the hyper-modern Forsmark Nuclear Plant shares the space with the well preserved 18th century environment.
Stroll around and visit the site's museum, electrical experiment workshop, exhibitions and craft work shop. Enjoy some excellent food in the restaurant or coffee and delicious baked goods at the café. Guided bus tours to Bio test Basin and the nuclear repository undersea are an exciting complement to this engaging area.